Head of Learning and Professional Development
Location: 22 Signet Court. Swanns Road, Cambridge, CB5 8LA
Are you a dynamic and outstanding leader with extensive knowledge and experience of designing and developing learning and professional development programmes and activities for external clients? Do you have excellent project leadership and management experience?
We are seeking an exceptional Head of Learning and Professional Development who can work with our clients and community to lead and deliver our learning and professional development strategy and support the Senior Management Team (SMT) by contributing to our overall development and growth. Working with counterparts in stakeholder, partner and client organisations, you will develop and deliver agreed aims and contracts, gathering evidence of reach and impact and provide regular reporting to senior management, Trustees and the higher education community. The scope of the role is global, around 40% of our income comes from outside the UK.
Reporting to the CEO, you will provide strong management of the staff and our associates, responsible for performance and delivery in a matrix environment; working closely with the Head of Higher Education Engagement and Head of Finance.
The successful candidate will relish the opportunity to drive forward the aims and ethos of CRAC. Since 1964 we have been the leading expert in the field of career development. CRAC and Vitae focus research, development and innovation expertise in fields related to career development, career-related learning and development of employability and related skills. Our partners include governments, funders of research, academies, professional bodies, trusts and foundations, universities and research institutes. In higher education we manage Vitae; providing membership and consultancy to over 200 organisations around the world to build their capacity in the global professional development of researchers. We passionately believe that individuals have the ability to achieve their career goals if they are inspired, empowered and equipped with the skills and information to do so.
- Substantial experience of strategic development and design of training and professional development programmes and activity
- Excellent proven programme and project management skills
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering a wide variety of projects on time and on budget
- Experience of quality assurance, analysis and evaluation of impact
- Proven track record of building trust and respect with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of growing and developing new business
- Knowledge of current learning and professional development trends, preferably recognised through a professional qualification
- Business awareness with sensitivity to non-commercial goals
- Client, team and community focused
- Preferable - experience of working with universities in the UK and internationally in relation to researcher, staff or career development
In return we offer:
- Excellent professional development
- A growing not-for-profit organisation
- An opportunity to develop multi-disciplinary proactive strategies
- A supportive ethos where everyone is valued
- A dedicated and enthusiastic staff and community
To apply please send your application with CV and covering letter evidencing how you meet the criteria and what you can bring to the post, to arrive no later than 17:00pm Monday 21st January 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Hayley Evans, Office Manager, CRAC, 22 Signet Court, Swanns Road, Cambridge, CB5 8LA.
Interviews will be held on 6th and 7th February 2019.