Privacy Notice: Research - Journeys from dance, drama and circus arts
Privacy notice updated 28 June 2019
1. Who we are
The Conservatoire for Dance and Drama (CDD) has commissioned the Careers Research & Advisory Centre (CRAC) to carry out this research. For the purpose of data protection legislation, the CDD is the data controller for personal data processed within the research.
2. How we will use your information
If you consent to take part, CRAC will receive your personal data from the survey and process it in order to explore the career pathway you have taken, your circumstances and employment, and your perceptions about the degree/course you undertook. When combined with other responses, these data will comprise the research results that CRAC will report to CDD. More information about the research is available on request from the project manager, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The nature of your personal data we will be using
The categories of your personal data that we will be using for this project are:
- - Demographic information about you, such as your age and gender
- - Information about your higher education and career
The categories of your personal data that are considered Sensitive under the Data Protection Act 2018 are:
- - Information on your ethnicity and nationality
4. Why our use of your personal data is lawful
For our use of your personal data to be lawful, we need to meet one (or more) conditions in the data protection legislation. For the purpose of this project, the relevant condition(s) that we are meeting are that you give informed consent for the processing of your personal data.
5. Who we will make your personal data available to
We (CDD) will ultimately retain all your response data, subject to the consents you give. In certain instances we will need to make personal data available to other organisations. These might include contracted partners (who we have employed to process your personal data on our behalf) and/or other organisations (with whom we need to share your personal data for specific purposes). Where we need to share your personal data with others, we ensure that this data sharing complies with data protection legislation. For the purpose of this project:
- - We are employing the Careers Research & Advisory Centre (CRAC) to process your personal data on our behalf. This means that they will be collecting data through the survey and analysing it on our behalf.
- - Your contact information (but not your other responses) will be shared with your specific School if you have consented to that, for the purposes of future contact with you as a graduate of that School.
6. How long we will keep your personal data
CDD will only keep the data you provide as long as we need it for the purpose(s) of this piece of work (i.e. this research project), after which point it will be securely destroyed unless you have given consent for us to keep your responses longer and/or your School to keep your contact data longer. Please note that, under Data Protection legislation, and in compliance with the relevant data processing conditions, personal data can be kept for longer periods of time when processed purely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research, and statistical purposes.
7. Your data protection rights
Under certain circumstances, you have the right:
- - to ask us for access to information about you that we hold
- - to have your personal data rectified, if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- - to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- - to restrict our processing of your personal data (i.e. permitting its storage but no further processing)
- - to object to direct marketing (including profiling) and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- - not to be subject to decisions based purely on automated processing where it produces a legal or similarly significant effect on you
If you need to contact us regarding any of the above, please do so via email@example.com.
Further information about your data protection rights appears on the Information Commissioner’s website at:
8. Withdrawl of consent and the right to lodge a complaint
Where we are processing your personal data with your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you change your mind, or you are unhappy with our use of your personal data, please let us know by contacting Emma Swift at CDD (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Alternatively, you have the right to raise any concerns with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) via their website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
9. Last updated
We may need to update this privacy notice periodically so we recommend that you revisit this information from time to time. This version was last updated on 28th June 2019
If you have any questions about how your personal information will be used, please contact us at email@example.com and enter ‘Graduates research’ as a reference.